The most exciting part is going, but the best part is coming home. Just in time for the OTR Extravaganza of Fringe, 5K & Tour of Homes.
We contain multitudes. Cincinnati is a vibrant city with life bubbling over. If you were to stick with the mainstream channels of information, you wouldn’t know how alive Cincinnati is. We are here to change that. We are the Conveyor. We aim to be original, but not obtuse. Our mission is the explore the city and bring our readers experiences and opportunities.
I, Mr. Editor, have started this endeavor to bring the people of Cincinnati closer to their own community. The goal is to open the eyes of the people of Cincinnati and peak their interests. No matter what you like to do, you can fill your mind with it here in the Cincinnati area. In our attempt to meet this goal, here are the principles we will employ:
- Have fun – Yes, this is something we are doing for fun. Fun doesn’t mean everything is a joke. Fun means we enjoy what we are writing about. If we get a little irreverent along the way, well, blame the booze. In the case of some of our writers, blame the Nietzsche.
- Be honest – Our writers are going to write what is on their minds. They will not go on personal crusades. They will not fear telling the truth. If something sucks, they are going to say it sucks. They will not be jerks about it or will not be writing here.
- Be original – Lead. Only follow when the leader is worth being followed. Make waves, don’t just ride them.
- Write from your point of view – We are writing opinion. We are not a news organization, so don’t be surprised when we like something or don’t like something.
- Be intellectual – We are not fluff. We’re going to use our noggin and make the reader use theirs too. We will try, desperately, to not make it stuffy and certainly will try to not make it boring.
- Be factual – We will try to make everything we write as accurate as possible. We will try not to give an opinion that is laced with ulterior motives. If we have a stake in something, we will be up front about it.
- Be different, but not just because – Difference is great. Being different just to break away from something popular is about ego, not about learning. We are unique, but we want to relate and communicate with everyone. We can’t do that if we just are going to shy away from other people who are doing great things. If something is popular we want to know why. We may not like it, but we’ll try to let you be judge of that, after we give our take.
Effort is what counts. Results matter, but are not an exclusive method to measure success. If there are times when we don’t meet your expectations, we will listen to what have to say, but we will not act without determining the facts for ourselves. We will not beat ourselves to death if a insignificant point isn’t perfect. Call it rough or raw if you want, we are not going to lose sleep over minor details.
We are a work in progress. The Conveyor will not stand still. It may take a kick in the ass sometimes, but we’ll keep it moving.
I have answers, but no questions.
Griffin Media Holdings LLC and theconveyor.com (“site”) take your privacy very seriously. You can visit most pages on our site without giving us any information about yourself. But sometimes we do need information to improve your experience on this site, and this privacy statement explains data collection and use in those situations. This privacy statement only applies to theconveyor.com. Please read the entire privacy statement below.
Collection of your Personal Information
There are two major ways in which we collect your personal information.
1. We collect your email address when you sign up for our email mailing list.
2. We collect basic information (e.g. email, name, etc.) about you when you sign up as a registered member of our web site.
Use of your Personal Information
We use your personal information for the following purposes:
* To ensure our site is relevant to your needs.
* To deliver services, such as newsletters, events, or other information that you request.
* To help us create and publish content most relevant to you.
* To allow you access to limited-entry areas of our site as appropriate.
* To give you named access to our discussion and comment boards, to suggest news and calendar events, and other interactions for which we need identification.
Griffin Media Holdings LLC may disclose your personal information if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to: (a) conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on Griffin Media Holdings LLC or the site; (b) protect and defend the rights or property of Griffin Media Holdings LLC and its services, (c) act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of Griffin Media Holdings LLC staff members, users of Griffin Media Holdings LLC services, or members of the public, or (d) protect the integrity of the service and information offered by Griffin Media Holdings LLC.
Your information will be stored and processed in the United States, and by using this site, you consent to any such transfer of information to our servers within the United States and that, in the use of this site, you will obey the laws of the United States and the laws of any jurisdiction through which your use of this site necessitates passing of information.
Control of your Personal Information
When you register, or otherwise give us personal information, Griffin Media Holdings LLC will not share that information with third parties without your permission, other than for the limited disclosure exceptions listed above. It will only be used for the purposes stated above, except in cases where the functions of Griffin Media Holdings LLC–in whole or in part–are spun off or otherwise taken over by another spin-off organization, for instance, as part of a group reorganization.
Security of your Personal Information
Griffin Media Holdings LLC is committed to protecting the security of your personal information. We use a variety of security technologies and procedures to help protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. For example, we store the personal information you provide in computer servers with limited access that are located in controlled facilities.
Protection of Children’s Personal Information
The conveyor.com is a general audience site and does not knowingly collect any personal information from children. Children are not permitted to register as users.
Enforcement of this Privacy Statement
If you have questions regarding this statement, you should first contact Griffin Media Holdings LLC.
Changes to this Statement
Griffin Media Holdings LLC will occasionally update this privacy statement. When we do, we will also revise the “last updated” date at the bottom of the privacy statement. For material changes to this statement, Griffin Media Holdings LLC will notify you by placing prominent notice on the Web site and/or in an email.
To comment about this privacy statement, please contact The Conveyor by e-mail at email@example.com, or postal mail at the following address:
Griffin Media Holdings
2692 Madison Rd
Suit N1 #173
Cincinnati, Ohio 45208
Last Update 03/27/2007